142. My Vision on SDA Leaders Versus God and Ellen White on
The Laodicean Church
September 4, 2017
In a vision early this a.m., Monday, September 4, 2017, I was prompted that I should present the following data for God’s people. I have known of these facts, but have never presented them in the following light I was directed to employ. For many decades SDA leaders have taught that Laodicea is the only final church and that the SDA church is the final and only Laodicean church. Ellen White said that the Loud Cry is to all ten virgins, which would include all ten virgins in all churches of every denomination. Notice:
To Meet the Bridegroom
Christ’s Object Lessons, pp. 405, 406.
This chapter is based on the following verses:
“CHRIST with His disciples is seated upon the Mount of Olives. The sun has set behind the mountains, and the heavens are curtained with the shades of evening. In full view is a dwelling house lighted up brilliantly as if for some festive scene. The light streams from the openings, and an expectant company wait around, indicating that a marriage procession is soon to appear. In many parts of the East, wedding festivities are held in the evening. The bridegroom goes forth to meet his bride and bring her to his home. By torchlight the bridal party proceed from her father's house to his own, where a feast is provided for the invited guests. In the scene upon which Christ looks, a company are awaiting the appearance of the bridal party, intending to join the procession.
Lingering near the bride's house are ten young women robed in white. Each carries a lighted lamp and a small flagon for oil. All are anxiously watching for the appearance of the bridegroom. But there is a delay. Hour after hour passes; the watchers become weary and fall asleep. At midnight the cry is heard, "Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him." The sleepers, suddenly awaking, spring to their feet. They see the procession moving on, bright with torches and glad with music. They hear the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride. The ten maidens seize their lamps and begin to trim them, in haste to go forth. But five have neglected to fill their flasks with oil. They did not anticipate so long a delay, and they have not prepared for the emergency. In distress they appeal to their wiser companions saying, "Give us of your oil; for our lamps are going out." (Margin.) But the waiting five, with their freshly trimmed lamps, have emptied their flagons. They have no oil to spare, and they answer, "Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves."
Note by Ron: Matthew 25 says: Mat 25:5 “While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.”
· Since the Midnight Loud Cry is to the world, that is PROOF ABSOLUTE that all the church denominations of the world include Laodicean foolish virgins, while SDA leaders are claiming that only the SDA church is the final Laodicean church. Proof will be provided further down in this document.
· The voice of God, AND THE VOICE OF THE BRIDE, awaken all ten virgins. This proves that the bride is distinguished from the ten virgins in any church, for she is awake and it is the voice of God and the voice of the awake bride that awaken the ten virgins in all churches.
· The foolish virgins have emptied flagons and the door is finally shut to them. They are not saved.
· Ellen White is speaking of the collective church (all churches of all denominations) that exist just before His second coming. End note by Ron
While they went to buy, the procession moved on, and left them behind. The five with lighted lamps joined the throng and entered the house with the bridal train, and the door was shut. When the foolish virgins reached the banqueting hall, they received an unexpected denial. The master of the feast declared, "I know you not." They were left standing without, in the empty street, in the blackness of the night.
As Christ sat looking upon the party that waited for the bridegroom, He told His disciples the story of the ten virgins, by their experience illustrating the experience of the church that shall live just before His second coming.” E. G. White, Christ’s Object Lessons, pp. 405, 406.
SDA Leaders Versus God and Ellen White on Laodicea
“The state of the church represented by the foolish virgins is also spoken of as the Laodicean state.” E. G. White, Review and Herald, Vol. 2, Aug. 19, 1890.
The foolish virgins are not saved.
“The church is in a Laodicean state, the presence of God is not in her midst." E. G. White, Notebook Leaflets, p. 99.
God’s presence is not in the church that is in the Laodicean state, the foolish virgin state.
SDA LEADERS 2008: “Today we hesitate to claim we’re the remnant; but as for Laodicea, that’s us! Us alone!...No other Christian group vies with us for the dubious privilege of being identified with it....claiming exclusive rights to Laodicea is not politically incorrect. So, unchallenged, we’ve become anchored in the view that Seventh-day Adventists are the sole group envisioned in the apocalyptic concept of that term.” Adventist Review, August 28, 2008, p 5.
SDA LEADERS 1939: "...the case with the Laodicean Church, as a church, is different, the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The last church will not be spewed out; it will not be rejected; it will go through triumphantly." Review, November 9, 1939.
SDA LEADERS 1939: "The Laodicean Church is the translation church...this is the very church that will be translated into the Kingdom of God." Review, November 30, 1939. (General Conference president J. L. McElhany)
SDA LEADERS 1991: "...[God's SDA] church is Laodicea which undeniably has its problems. But no less sure is God's offered remedy...The promise that Christ at His coming will ‘present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing.’" Adventist Review, March 7, 1991, p 10.
SDA LEADERS 1994: "This church to which we belong will emerge a victorious company to stand some day on the sea of glass....Adventism is destined to triumph gloriously....They [God's people] will patiently watch and pray until God in His own time and in His own way purifies His church...The church will fulfill its prophetic role and will triumph. Let us stay with the church so that we can share in that victory." Messenger, October, 1994, p 11.
“The state of the church represented by the foolish virgins is also spoken of as the Laodicean state.” Review and Herald, Vol. 2, Aug. 19, 1890.
“The warning for the last church also must be proclaimed to all who claim to be Christians. The Laodicean message, like a sharp, two-edged sword, must go to all the churches...It is our work to proclaim this message. Are we putting forth every effort that the churches may be warned?” Testimonies, Vol 6, p 77.
"Those who are controlled by policy rather than by principle are not to be trusted. They will pervert the truth, conceal facts, and construe the words of others to mean that which was never intended. They will employ flattering words, while the poison of asps in under their tongue. He who does not earnestly seek the divine guidance will be deceived by their smooth words and their artful plans." 2 B.C.1005.
Ellen White said that ALL THE MESSAGES (Plural) to the Seven Churches Apply Till the End of Time
· God’s Word says that ALL His watchmen in the church are “dumb dogs” that cannot understand, to wit:
Isa 56:11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.
Isa 56:12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.
· The position of SDA leaders on Laodicea and Laodiceans is another sad but blatant proof that they are indeed dumb dogs that cannot and will not understand.
· The SDA leadership position on Laodicea and themselves as the only Laodicean church, is one of the most foolish messages of peace and safety blowing in the halls of Adventism today—teaching the horrendous peace and safety lie that the foolish virgins will be the final church and will be saved as the church that the gates of hell won’t prevail against, when their prophetess says that the “professing” SDA church Laodiceans are foolish virgins that will be brought down to hell. It just doesn’t get much more dumb-doggish, peace and safety, than this! Pray incessantly that their poor sheeple subjects will see their serious errors and come out from their apostasy that Ellen White prophesied will wax stronger until Jesus comes.
· Begin at My Sanctuary -- "Here we see that the church--the Lord's sanctuary--was the first to feel the stroke of the wrath of God. The ancient men, those to whom God had given great light and who had stood as guardians of the spiritual interests of the people, had betrayed their trust. They had taken the position that we need not look for miracles and the marked manifestation of God's power as in former days. Times have changed. These words strengthen their unbelief, and they say: The Lord will not do good, neither will He do evil. He is too merciful to visit His people in judgment. Thus 'Peace and safety’ is the cry from men who will never again lift up their voice like a trumpet to show God's people their transgressions and the house of Jacob their sins. These dumb dogs that would not bark are the ones who feel the just vengeance of an offended God. Men, maidens, and little children all perish together." E. G. White, Testimonies, Vol. 5, 211.
· Isaiah 9:16 "For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed."
· Jeremiah 11:9-10..."And the LORD said unto me, A CONSPIRACY is found among the men of Judah, and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem. They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words; and they went after other gods to serve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah ...have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers."
· Romans 16:17 “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”
· The teaching that Laodicea is the final, last church, denies God’s message to Philadelphia, the bride, the 144,000, the church triumphant that is not faulted, which is made PILLARS in the Temple of God in heaven, and Ellen White said that only the 144,000 enter that Temple on Mt. Zion, the church of heaven, Hebrews 12:22, 23. (See Early Writings, p. 19.)
· In Isaiah 62:1-5, it is ZION, that is married. Laodicea is never ZION. Zion is Philadelphia, the church that is without blame, without fault. Revelation 14:1-4. It is this church that along with the voice of God, awakens all ten sleeping virgins.
· Every MEMBER of the corporate church is corporately responsible for all of the above errors taught by their leaders.
· "The plain straight testimony must live in the church, or the curse of God will rest upon His people as surely as it did upon ancient Israel because of their sins. God holds His people, as a body [corporately], responsible for the sins existing in individuals among them." Testimonies, vol. 3, p. 269.
· The principle of corporate responsibility is taught in the example of Achan in the Old Testament, and by the following verse of the New Testament: Mat 23:35 “That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.” THAT’S A LOT OF BLOOD!
P.S. I will be presenting Part II of my Vision entitled: My Vision on The Chosen People in Type and Antitype Part 1 of 2, on Sabbath, September 9, 2017.