125. My Vision on The Most Profound Upset EVER in the History of Christianity
Feb. 23, 2017
A few years ago from this February 23, 2017, I asked the Lord if He would show me an understanding of the Godhead from the most simple view possible because a few persons were complaining that the truth on this issue was too complex for the masses to understand. I understood the truth on the Godhead decades ago, but not FULLY this abridged and simplified form from the Bible ALONE. I will include some Ellen White quotes only to demonstrate that she was in total agreement with John Chapter 14.
Thanks be to God, in vision He showed me a view so simple to understand, that any normal child of 12 years of age, possibly even 10 or less, should be able to understand what I was shown. Here indeed is THE most profound upset ever in the history of Christianity as found in the Gospel of John, Chapter 14. I cite the entire chapter further down in this manuscript:
· In verse 1 the God/man humanity of Jesus is speaking while He was on this earth. “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”
· In verse 2 it is Jesus who goes to prepare a place for you. He said this as a God/human being on this earth.
· It is Jesus who comes again in verse 3.
· In verse 16, human Jesus said while on earth that He would pray the Father give us another Comforter: “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.”
· Verse 17 says we will be given THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH.
· Verse 6 says that Jesus is THE TRUTH “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
· So THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH is the Holy Spirit of Christ, for HE IS THE TRUTH, and it is His Holy Spirit that comes to us.
· Verse 18 says: “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” So THE HOLY SPIRIT OF JESUS is the Comforter THAT COMES TO US.
· Verse 20 says: “I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.” So it is the Holy Spirit of Christ that is in us, and by which we are in Him.
· Verse 21 says: “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.”
· Verse 23 says: “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”
· When Jesus says in verse 23 (above) the words: “WE WILL COME UNTO HIM, AND MAKE OUR ABODE WITH HIM,” He is referring to His Holy Spirit and the Father’s Holy Spirit, which are ONE AND THE SAME SPIRIT, for the Bible says that there is ONE ETERNAL SPIRIT OR THE ETERNAL SPIRIT. Jhn 4:24 “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” Heb 9:14 “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” The words “THE ETERNAL SPIRIT” mean ONE ETERNAL SPIRIT.
· VERSE 26 says; “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
Jhn 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Jhn 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Jhn 14:4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Jhn 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jhn 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Jhn 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jhn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jhn 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Jhn 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Jhn 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Jhn 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Jhn 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Jhn 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Jhn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Jhn 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Jhn 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
Jhn 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Jhn 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Jhn 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Jhn 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
Jhn 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Jhn 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.
Clear Conclusion on the Godhead from the above verses:
1. John 14 involves only THREE PERSONS:
· One of those persons is the God/humanity of Christ speaking while on earth. HIS HUMANITY WAS NOT ETERNAL There was no God/Man eternal person in the Godhead before the Incarnation sacrifice.
· Another Person is the Holy Ghost which is the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit Divine Nature of Christ.
· The only other Person is God the eternal Father.
2. Clearly, NO ONE will ever find THREE ETERNAL PERSONS in John 14 or any other place in Holy Writ.
3. Verse 23 says “we will come unto him,” “…and make our abode with him.” The “we” and “our” clearly refer to the ONE ETERNAL SPIRIT of the Father and His Son.
The THREE PERSONS to the Godhead are thus THE FATHER, THE SON (DIVINE NATURE ONLY, HOLY SPIRIT), AND THEIR ONE HOLY ETERNAL SPIRIT WHICH MAKES THEM ONE GOD, and the adopted God/humanity of Christ who is seated at the Father’s right hand on the throne in heaven. Notice: “God has adopted human nature in the person of His Son, and has carried the same into the highest heaven. Heaven,” p. 72.
"By His life and His death, Christ has achieved even more than recovery from the ruin wrought through sin. It was Satan's purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us. 'God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son.' [John 3:16]. He gave Him not only to bear our sins, and to die as our sacrifice He gave Him to the fallen race. To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace, God gave His only Begotten Son to become one of the human family forever to retain His human nature. This is the pledge that God will fulfill His word. 'Unto us a child is born unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon His shoulder.' God has adopted human nature in the person of His Son, and has carried the same into the highest heaven. It is the 'Son of man' who shares the throne of the universe. It is the 'Son of man' whose name shall be called, 'Wonderful, Counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the prince of Peace.' [Isa. 9:6]. The I Am is the Daysman between God and humanity, laying His hand upon both. HE who is 'holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners,' is not ashamed to call us brethren. [Heb. 7:26 2:11.] In Christ the family of earth and the family of heaven are bound together. Christ glorified is our brother. Heaven is enshrined in humanity, and humanity is enfolded in the bosom of Infinite love." The Desire of Ages, 25.
4. The God/humanity of Christ is a person, a God/human person that is different from His Eternal Holy Spirit Divine Person, for Jesus, while on earth, speaking face to face with Nicodemus, said: "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13. The only other part of the Son of Man that was in heaven was His Holy Spirit Divine Nature which He proffers to us for the purpose of overcoming the lust of the world. 2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5. The Trinity Doctrine teaches that there are THREE CO-EQUAL, CO-ETERNAL PERSONS TO THE GODHEAD. That is the worst abomination for which we are to sigh and cry. Why? Because it involves the most basic, fundamental of the gospel of Christianity, upon which the entire Christian economy hinges: the Incarnation of the Son of God, by which a THIRD PERSON, the humanity of God accrued and was adopted into the Godhead.
Definition of Holy Spirit
"Christ declared that after his ascension, he would send to his church, as his crowning gift, the Comforter, who was to take his place. This Comforter is the Holy Spirit,--the soul of his life, the efficacy of his church, the light and life of the world. With his Spirit Christ sends a reconciling influence and a power that takes away sin.
In the gift of the Spirit, Jesus gave to man the highest good that heaven could bestow....
The Spirit was given as a regenerating agency, and without this the sacrifice of Christ would have been of no avail....
It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given his Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress his own character upon the church." E.G. White, Review and Herald Articles, May 19, 1904, vol. 5, p. 42.
"The spiritualistic theories regarding the personality of God [the Godhead], followed to their logical conclusion, sweep away the whole Christian economy. They estimate as nothing the light that Christ came from heaven to give John to give to His people. They teach that the scenes just before us are not of sufficient importance to be given special attention. They make of no effect the truth of heavenly origin, and rob the people of God of their past experience, giving them instead a false science." E.G. White, Selected Messages, Bk.1, p. 204.
Sanctuary Gone Atonement Gone — "In a representation which passed before me, I saw a certain work being done by medical missionary workers. Our ministering brethren were looking on, watching what was being done, but they did not seem to understand. The foundation of our faith, which was established by so much prayer, such earnest searching of the Scriptures, was being taken down, pillar by pillar. Our faith was to have nothing to rest upon--the sanctuary was gone, the atonement was gone." E.G. White, The Upward Look, 152.
The issue IS NOT whether or not there are THREE PERSONS to the Godhead, but how the THIRD PERSON accrued to the Godhead via the Incarnation Sacrifice, AT THE TIME OF THAT SACRIFICE, as opposed to a THIRD PERSON existing co-eternally with the Father. There were only TWO PERSONS to the Godhead before the Incarnation Sacrifice.
Ellen White and John chapter 14 agree—the Holy Spirit is Christ, the Comforter. They are ONE AND THE SAME PERSON. So we have three persons as a result of the Incarnation:
1. The Father and His One Eternal Holy Spirit.
2. The Son and His One Eternal Holy Spirit which is the same ONE ETERNAL HOLY SPIRIT shared with the Father.
3. The Son of God come as God/man which accrued at the Incarnation, WHICH WAS NOT ETERNAL, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO HUMAN ELEMENT INVOLVED WITH THE GODHEAD BEFORE THE INCARNATION SACRIFICE. The Trinity Doctrine teaches that there was THREE CO-ETERNAL PERSONS BEFORE THE INCARNATION. That would require that there was a God/Man human element to the Godhead BEFORE the Incarnation.
There are two forms of the Son of God—His Divine Nature Holy Spirit, and His God/man humanity, or God come in the likeness of sinful flesh.
SDA Pioneers on the Trinity Doctrine
Dr. George Knight, Andrews University Seminary Theology Professor made the following statement in Ministry, the official Seventh-day Adventist journal for ministers: "Most of the founders of Seventh-day Adventism would not be able to join the church today if they had to subscribe to the denomination's Fundamental Beliefs. More specifically, most would not be able to agree to belief number 2, which deals with the doctrine of the trinity." - Ministry, October 1993, p. 10.
Ellen White and the Bible teach THREE PERSONS to the Godhead, but NOT three CO-ETERNAL PERSONS, for the God/man humanity of Christ was/is NOT eternal. There was no ETERNALLY EXISTING GOD/MAN before the Incarnation. This is established in John 14, where we find that only the Holy Spirit of the Father and only the Holy Spirit of the Son BOTH come to us. The reason the Spirit of BOTH OF THEM come to us is because they consist of ONE ETERNAL SPIRIT, and this is what makes them ONE GOD.
“Some will tend to resist this doctrine (the trinity) because it is NOT FOUND expressly stated in the scriptures.” – Adventist Review Aug 20 1993 P-8} "ONLY by FAITH can we accept the existence of the Trinity." – Adventist Review, Vol. 158, No. 31, p. 4.
What part of the Trinity Doctrine is totally absent from Scripture? Answer: The part that teaches that there were THREE CO-ETERNAL PERSONS TO THE GODHEAD. Nowhere in Scripture can that be found. John 14 makes it plain that before the Incarnation there were only TWO PERSONS, the Father and the Son.
"Likewise, the Trinitarian understanding of God, now part of our fundamental beliefs, was not generally held by the early Adventists. Even today a few do not subscribe to it.” (Adventist Review, January 6, 1994, page 10, 11)
James White on the Trinity doctrine: "As fundamental errors, we might class with this counterfeit sabbath other errors which Protestants have brought away from the Catholic church, such as sprinkling for baptism, the trinity, the consciousness of the dead and eternal life in misery. The mass who have held these fundamental errors, have doubtless done it ignorantly but can it be supposed that the church of Christ will carry along with her these errors till the judgment scenes burst upon the world? We think not." (James White, September 12, 1854, Review & Herald, Vol. 6, No. 5, page 36, par. 8)
When is Silence Golden Regarding the Issue of the Godhead?
“The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden.” -Acts of the Apostles p 52
The NATURE of the Holy Spirit is what the Holy Spirit consists of. All we know about the nature of the Holy Spirit is that God’s NATURE consists of SPIRIT. That is all we know about His NATURE. This is not relative to the Incarnation, where SILENCE IS NOT GOLDEN per the following statements:
"The Bible is a treasure house of knowledge, and all who make this book their study, sinking the shaft deep into the mine of truth, will exclaim, 'I behold wondrous things out of thy word.' The INCARNATION of Christ is but dimly appreciated by many students who have studied long in our schools. This subject should be and will be better understood by all who in truth love Truth, and walk in the way of the Lord. The experimental knowledge of this is as essential to sanctify daily as to redeem." E.G. White, The Advocate, 05-01-99, pr. 03.
"This earth has been honored and blessed with presence of the Son of God. In the Scriptures we read of His INCARNATION, His teaching, His miracles, His death, and His resurrection. The effort to understand these wonderful subjects puts to the tax the highest powers of the mind, and then there is an infinity beyond which can not be exhausted. The oftener the mind is called to this study, the stronger and clearer it will become. In the daily life will be revealed the mysteries of godliness, which may be experienced, but can not be explained. Throughout the ceaseless ages of eternity the redeemed will study these subjects, ever gaining from them a deeper and clearer knowledge of God and of Christ." E.G. White, The Signs of the Times, 04-26-05, Pr. 01.
"It requires considerable effort to climb hills, to get upon the rock. And so we find that it will require the exercise of all our abilities, of every spiritual nerve and muscle, to get upon the Living Rock, the Saviour of mankind. It will require all our mental and spiritual power to understand the Word of God, to understand the INCARNATION of Christ, to understand the great plan of redemption. The mind may faint beneath the effort, and yet, there is an infinity beyond. You have only then touched the surface." E.G. White, Manuscript Releases Volume Nine, pr. 3, P. 68.
Clearly, silence is golden concerning THE NATURE of God, because we cannot explain HIS NATURE, which is SPIRIT, and what SPIRIT consists of. But we are to better understand the INCARNATION.
Incarnation — Satan would Mystify: "This is a great mystery, a mystery that will not be fully, completely understood in all its greatness until the translation of the redeemed shall take place. Then the power and greatness and efficacy of the gift of God to man will be understood. But the enemy is determined that this gift shall be so mystified that it will become as nothingness." E.G. White, SDA Bible Commentary, Vol. 7A, p. 444.
"As the worker studies the life of Christ, and the character of His mission is dwelt upon, each fresh search will reveal something more deeply interesting than has yet been unfolded. The subject is inexhaustible. The study of the incarnation of Christ, His atoning sacrifice and mediatorial work, will employ the mind of the diligent student as long as time shall last." Gospel Workers, p. 251. SDA Bible Commentary, Vol. 7a, p. 444.
"No one can search the Scriptures in the spirit of Christ without being rewarded. When man is willing to be instructed as a little child, when he submits wholly to God, he will find the truth in His word. If men would be obedient, they would understand the plan of God's government. The heavenly world would open its chambers of grace and glory for exploration. Human beings would be altogether different from what they now are, for by exploring the mines of truth men would be ennobled. The mystery of redemption, THE INCARNATION OF CHRIST, His ATONING SACRIFICE, would not be as they are now, vague in our minds. They would be not only better understood, but altogether more highly appreciated." E.G. White, Christ's Object Lessons, p. 114. Vol. 7a, p. 441.
Incarnation "Dwell More on the Incarnation and Atonement.--If Christ is all and in all to every one of us, why are not His Incarnation and His atoning sacrifice dwelt upon more in the churches? Why are not hearts and tongues employed in the Redeemer's praise? This will be the employment of the powers of the redeemed through the ceaseless ages of eternity." E.G. White, Selected Messages, Book 3, p. 187.
"And the study of the Incarnation of Christ is a fruitful field, which will repay the searcher who digs deep for hidden truth." E.G. White, The Youth's Instructor, Oct. 13, 1898.
Doesn’t sound like SILENCE IS GOLDEN ON THE INCARNATION TO ME!
In the Holy Name of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,
Ronald William Beaulieu